Your users will always be able to unsubscribe from your emails using the button that is located at the bottom of the email. But for users who reply to you asking to be removed, the suppression list is the best approach. Customers can also be put on the suppression list automatically by the stampede system if their account details are invalid or if they have marked your email campaigns as spam.
To access the suppression list:
1. Select "Marketing" on the left-hand side and then under the Data tab, click "Segments", on the row at the top of the page, select "Suppression List".
2. From there you will be presented with a list containing all of your opt-outs. You can search for contacts within the list to verify they have been added in.
3. To add a new user, click on the plus sign at the top right side of your page. All you need to do is type in the email, this will add the user to the suppression list.
4. It's important to note that if you are making SMS campaigns, you need to make sure to toggle the "Receive SMS" button that is in each row of contacts.
It will look like this:
5. Lastly, if you would like to opt the customer back into marketing again, you can do this by clicking on the trash can icon on the right-hand side of their profile. It will look like this: